Humalog KwikPens (insulin lispro injection) is a rapid-acting human insulin analog used to lower blood glucose. Insulin lispro is produced by recombinant DNA technology utilizing a non-pathogenic laboratory strain of Escherichia coli. Insulin lispro differs from human insulin in that the amino acid proline at position B28 is replaced by lysine and the lysine in position B29 is replaced by proline. Chemically, it is Lys(B28), Pro(B29) human insulin analog and has the empirical formula C257H383N65O77S6 and a molecular weight of 5808, both identical to that of human insulin.
How to use Humalog Kwikpens U-100 Insulin Pen
Read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start using this medication and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor, diabetes educator, or pharmacist.
Learn all preparation and usage instructions from your health care professional and the product package.
Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the insulin. Insulin lispro should be clear and colorless.
Before injecting each dose, clean the injection site with rubbing alcohol. Change the injection site each time to lessen injury under the skin and to avoid developing problems under the skin (lipodystrophy). Insulin lispro may be injected in the stomach area, the thigh, the buttocks, or the back of the upper arm. Do not inject into skin that is red, swollen, or itchy. Do not inject cold insulin because this can be painful. The insulin container you are currently using can be kept at room temperature (see also Storage section).
What are some things I need to know or do while I take HumaLOG KwikPen?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Allergic reactions have happened with HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens). Rarely, some reactions can be very bad or life-threatening. Talk with the doctor.
- Low blood sugar may happen with HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens). Very low blood sugar can lead to seizures, passing out, long lasting brain damage, and sometimes death. Talk with the doctor.
- Low blood potassium may happen with HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens). If not treated, this can lead to a heartbeat that is not normal, very bad breathing problems, and sometimes death. Talk with the doctor.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens) affects you.
- Some diabetes drugs like pioglitazone or rosiglitazone may cause heart failure or make it worse in people who already have it. Using insulin with these drugs may increase this risk. If you also take one of these drugs, talk with the doctor.
- Be sure you have the right insulin product. Insulin products come in many containers like vials, cartridges, and pens. Be sure that you know how to measure and get your dose ready. If you have any questions, call your doctor or pharmacist.
- It may be harder to control blood sugar during times of stress such as fever, infection, injury, or surgery. A change in physical activity, exercise, or diet may also affect blood sugar.
- Wear disease medical alert ID (identification).
- Do not drive if your blood sugar has been low. There is a greater chance of you having a crash.
- Check your blood sugar as you have been told by your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking products that have alcohol in them while taking HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens).
- This brand of insulin is 2 times stronger than other brands. Use extra care when you measure a dose. Accidental overdose may lead to very bad side effects or life-threatening low blood sugar. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine must not be use in an insulin pump. If you have questions, talk with the doctor.
- Do not share your insulin product with another person. This includes any pens, cartridge devices, needles, or syringes, even if the needle has been changed. Sharing may pass infections from one person to another. This includes infections you may not know you have.
- If you are 65 or older, use HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens) with care. You could have more side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using HumaLOG KwikPen (insulin lispro (U-200) pens) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
Humalog Kwikpen Dosage
Insulin lispro is inject under the skin, or into a vein using an infusion pump. A healthcare provider will teach you how to properly use this medicine by yourself.
Buy Humalog KwikPens 100U
Firstly, Humalog KwikPen, Humalog KwikPen coupon, Humalog junior KwikPen. Humalog KwikPen cost, Humalog KwikPen u 100, Humalog KwikPen needles. Further, Humalog KwikPen u 100 manufacturer, humalog mix 75 25 kwikpen, Humalog KwikPen dosage. Humalog KwikPen sliding scale chart, Humalog KwikPen u 100 coupon, 5 pack Humalog KwikPen insulin coupon 2018.
Also, Humalog jr KwikPen, Humalog KwikPens coupon 100, Humalog KwikPen generic name. Humalog KwikPens instructions, Humalog KwikPen insulin lispro injection, Humalog mix KwikPen 75 25. coupons for Humalog KwikPen u 100, Humalog KwikPen fast acting, Humalog KwikPen free trial offer.
Insulin Fiasp Vial Online
Agian, insulin, insulin resistance, insulin pump. Insulin glargine, insulin syringes, nph insulin. insulin apart, insulin lispro, lantus insulin. sliding scale insulin, what is insulin, humalog insulin. insulin pen, insulin resistance diet, regular insulin. types of insulin, what does insulin do, insulin detemir. insulin needles, long acting insulin, what is insulin resistance. insulin definition, insulin function, insulin prices.
To add, Insulins, 70 30 insulin, basaglar insulin. basal insulin, cost of insulin, insulin plant. insulin resistance symptoms, insulin side effects, insulin side effects. medtronic insulin pump, novolog insulin, inhaled insulin. insulin diabetes, insulin injection sites, insulin sensitivity. insulin shock, is insulin a hormone, levemir insulin. short acting insulin, walmart insulin, fast acting insulin.
Insulin dependent diabetes, insulin index, insulin pen needles. toujeo insulin, tresiba insulin, what organ produces insulin. high insulin levels, insulin and glucagon, insulin degludec. insulin injection, insulin medication, insulin overdose. insulin resistance test, insulin shot, insulin syringe sizes. insulin syringes walmart, novolin insulin, rapid acting insulin.
Again, relion insulin, tandem insulin pump, what causes insulin resistance. where is insulin produced, bd insulin syringes, how does insulin work. hoe is insulin made, insulin chart, insulin for dogs. insulin levels, insulin medications, insulin receptor. is victoza insulin, isoprene insulin, omnipod insulin pump. regular insulin peak, sliding scale insulin chart dose, too much insulin. To continue, victoza insulin, what produces insulin, why is insulin so expensive. Also, how much does insulin cost, how to reverse insulin resistance. To add, insulin brands, insulin dosage, insulin for cats. insulin like growth factor, insulin names, insulin pump cost.